Honking the horn as he entered a very rocky drive way, our driver carefully signalled any cars or motorbikes that were about to come shooting around the small entry to the zip line park.

Dad and I got harnessed up, put on our helmets and slung a complimentary bottle of water over our shoulder – in tiny pink woven bags.

We met our zip line guides, Tee and Dee, hopped in the back tray of a truck and drove a little further up the mountain to the first activity in the zip line park.

They briefed us on a wooden platform, where they explained how to use the breaks – a wooden stick that you had to hold with one hand and use it to pull down on cable if the guide tells you to. Tee stressed that we must not touch the rope because it will burn our hands, and said,
“You no have to worry about your life. These harness and ropes are very safe.”

So with adrenaline building up, he clipped me on to the first zip line, told me to lift my legs and hold on with loose grip, then let go of my tshirt and sent me flying across the first zip line to Dee at the second wooden platform.

After dad caught up, they reconnected the carabeena to the rope that was wound around the tree trunk, and we each climbed down a steep ladder to the platform below. At this platform, we were attached to the next rope, and close to the jungle floor we tip tied across 10 wooden stumps that lead up to the fourth platform.


Skinny bridges, zig-zagged walking boards suspended about sixty metres above the jungle floor and another two or three zip lines later, we got to a very high platform where a 70 metre long zip-line waited for us to fly across it. Zooming along, below I could see beautiful rice paddies, small wooden huts and enormous trees with vines dangling between.

Another few platforms later, we came to a wooden ledge where I couldn’t see any bridges or zip lines attached. Tee and Dee pointed 30 metres below to a platform that had a two by two metre blue landing cushion and a long abseiling rope dangling beside.

Tee attached himself to the rope and slid down, yelling, “Oh no, no, NO!” Before we heard him giggling below. I went next. With nerves hitting a high, I stared at Tee below, who was holding my GoPro, and Dee let go of his rope, and let me fall towards the cushion, making me stop abruptly about 1 metre before impact, where Tee laughed at me dangling above his head.

That drop was nothing compared to the last one. About 100 metres below was another cushion waiting for Dad and I to fall. But right in front was a spectacular view, where a wall of trees and vines lined the skies, and a roughly flowing river tumbled down the mountainside. Screaming like a teenager, I was dropped towards the ground, again left to dangle before Dee and Dad.

The zip line park is a must for visitors to this mystery location.

Here’s a picture of my butt, dangling in the air above the others on the final drop.


When I get home I have tonnes of GoPro footage from today’s activities.

Leave a comment

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s