Pack your flanno, it’s time to go to Tamworth. Here’s why.
1. The drive to Tamworth is pretty.
If you’re not crazy about road-trips, while away the time by counting cows.
2. There are plenty of nice places to stay.
We found a neat little place, CH on Peel Boutique Hotel. Breakfast was included, and from memory we didn’t pay all that much for one night.
3. You’ll find some quirky street art, and plenty of stores selling ugg boots.
If neither of those are your thing, there’s more.
4. Pubs. Pubs and bars are everywhere.
Every street corner you reach, there’s a new pub to be found. A favourite of ours was Pig & Tinder Box. We got the fries, a cocktail jug, and a beer – not so cheap, however.
That evening we ate at the Post Office Hotel, Tamworth. And if you’re there, you should too.
5. Views. The views over Tamworth go alright.
We drove to the top of Tamworth lookout to see the (very flat) town below.
6. Big things. Like the Golden Guitar.
Look, where else in the world can you tick off a whole list of big things to see? One of them happens to be the Golden Guitar. And if you plan on ticking off all of Australia’s Big Things – a trip to Tamworth is a must.
Have you been to Tamworth? What did we miss?